WELCOME!

WELCOME TO MY BLOG!
For a while now, I have been posting my montly menus on Facebook. Well, I decided to create a blog so that more people will have the opportunity to check in and hopefully be inspired. As for the name of the blog, Sherri's Sanity, that is what montly menu planning is for me; my sanity. With 3 young kids, I do NOT have the patience for the clock to turn 5 and have no plan for dinner, it just adds to the craziness to the "witching hours" (those insane hours at the end of the day where we, moms, try to jam-pack 4 hours worth of stuff into 2) I HATE the hours of 5pm-8pm. BUT I have found that in my (almost) year of planning monthly menus, I have been so much less of a headcase during that time. When mom is happier, hubby and kids are happier. AND their tummies will be filled with yummy homemade food; even better!!Now, this blog will definitely take time to put together. Once again, I am a mother of 3 small kids and although I wish I could just sit down and crack it all out, that just isnt going to happen. So, check back often and I will try and keep things rolling. :) Another thing that fills my bucket, so to speak, is crafting! So I'm sure that will come along on the blog shortly too. Happy planning!!!

Monday, March 5, 2012

Two minute breakfast burrito or sandwich

This is my first time blogging from my phone so we'll see how it goes!! One of my favorite things for breakfast is an egg sandwich. But did you know you can make an egg sandwich without dirtying a pan!? You can microwave your eggs!! And those little Gerber baby bowls that almost all moms have are the perfect size.

Decide what kind if toppings you like and prepare extra for the week. Whether its bacon or diced peppers or whatever you like. I simply like real bacon bits and a little cheese, both of which I usually have on hand. Today I had some leftover chorizo so I decided to make a burrito!

So, grab your add-ins and whip them with 1 or 2 eggs and a tsp of water. If you're doing just whites I'd go with at least 2. Make sure they're nice and foamy (aerated) or they will explode in your microwave! Microwave on high for about 75 seconds. Toast some bread in the meantime and you've got a two minute hot breakfast :)

No comments:

Post a Comment