WELCOME!

WELCOME TO MY BLOG!
For a while now, I have been posting my montly menus on Facebook. Well, I decided to create a blog so that more people will have the opportunity to check in and hopefully be inspired. As for the name of the blog, Sherri's Sanity, that is what montly menu planning is for me; my sanity. With 3 young kids, I do NOT have the patience for the clock to turn 5 and have no plan for dinner, it just adds to the craziness to the "witching hours" (those insane hours at the end of the day where we, moms, try to jam-pack 4 hours worth of stuff into 2) I HATE the hours of 5pm-8pm. BUT I have found that in my (almost) year of planning monthly menus, I have been so much less of a headcase during that time. When mom is happier, hubby and kids are happier. AND their tummies will be filled with yummy homemade food; even better!!Now, this blog will definitely take time to put together. Once again, I am a mother of 3 small kids and although I wish I could just sit down and crack it all out, that just isnt going to happen. So, check back often and I will try and keep things rolling. :) Another thing that fills my bucket, so to speak, is crafting! So I'm sure that will come along on the blog shortly too. Happy planning!!!

Monday, February 27, 2012

Hell's Kitchen Knock off

My favorite egg salad sandwich, the Hell's Kitchen, is served at a deli on the west side of town called Heidi's. Since I don't get over there as often as I'd like I decided to made a similar sandwich for dinner and I must say, it was the biggity bomb :)

For the egg salad bring 8 eggs to a boil, remove from heat, cover and let sit about 10 minutes. Immediately run under cool water to stop the cooking. Allow to cool and peel. Chill in the fridge for about 2 hours (at least)

Place your hard boiled eggs in a mixing bowl and add
1/4 C diced green onions (chives)
1/4 tsp celery salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp cajun seasoning (or more to taste)(I like McCormick's because it's not too salty)
about 1/4 C mayonnaise (your preference for moisture)

Mash with a potato masher or pastry blender until desired chunkiness. Switch to a spoon and mix well.





Serve on thickly sliced sourdough sandwich bread with bacon, avacado and lettuce (and tomato if you'd like, just not in this house). Are you drooling?!?! This was sooo yummy!! Makes 3-4 sandwiches.

1 comment: