WELCOME!

WELCOME TO MY BLOG!
For a while now, I have been posting my montly menus on Facebook. Well, I decided to create a blog so that more people will have the opportunity to check in and hopefully be inspired. As for the name of the blog, Sherri's Sanity, that is what montly menu planning is for me; my sanity. With 3 young kids, I do NOT have the patience for the clock to turn 5 and have no plan for dinner, it just adds to the craziness to the "witching hours" (those insane hours at the end of the day where we, moms, try to jam-pack 4 hours worth of stuff into 2) I HATE the hours of 5pm-8pm. BUT I have found that in my (almost) year of planning monthly menus, I have been so much less of a headcase during that time. When mom is happier, hubby and kids are happier. AND their tummies will be filled with yummy homemade food; even better!!Now, this blog will definitely take time to put together. Once again, I am a mother of 3 small kids and although I wish I could just sit down and crack it all out, that just isnt going to happen. So, check back often and I will try and keep things rolling. :) Another thing that fills my bucket, so to speak, is crafting! So I'm sure that will come along on the blog shortly too. Happy planning!!!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Because I stock up...

As I was thinking about my first post I started wondering if it would be beneficial to include my shopping list for the month. Well, it would be and it wouldn't. I'm pretty sure no one is going to copy my menu exactly so I'm pretty sure no one would have use of the EXACT shopping list. However, I do want to show you what my list looks like for the entire month because it will show you how beneficial it is to stock up on the things you use most. And in the best case scenario, you'll get those things on sale AND with a coupon, thus maximizing your savings. So, here is what my list looks like for the entire month of January.

Dairy:
Wet mozzerella
sour cream

Freezer:
Stir fry veggies
egg noodles
sweet potato fries

Bread:
Green tortillas
French bread
sub rolls

Pantry:
Panko crumbs
egg noodles
linguine
lasagna noodles
velveeta
dry onion soup
cashews
bacon bits
stuffing

Canned:
tomato paste
green chile
coconut milk
kidney beans
pickles

Baking:
Curry paste

Meat:
Ground turkey

Produce: (Week 1)
red pepper
potatoes
onions (red and brown)
broccoli
carrots
lettuce
cucumber
yellow squash and zucchini
mushrooms
green beans
varied fruit

So, there it is! We are all stocked up on cereals, snacks, lunch meats, juices and other breakfast and lunch items as well as meats for the whole month. I bought those on the 15th-ish of December and will shop again on the 15th-ish of January. :) Now I will go pull the coupons I have for the things on this list! I'm guessing I will spend under $200, I'll let you know how it goes!

Ok, so I got all my shopping done today (Monday) and I spent $60 at Fry's (Kroger for you non AZ peeps) and $85 at Wal Mart. I even bought a few extra things that werent on my list; a few toiletries, cereal, eggs, milk and some canned ravioli (9) for the baby. After I buy diapers and and a few things at Costco I'll be just over $200. Not bad at all!! I'll try to stay under $200 on the 15th also, but I am running low on chicken and ground turkey...

3 comments:

  1. We do things very similarly so I'm going to watch for any extra hints and tips you can provide! Thanks for being organized enough to put this together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I am guessing you go to the store once a month for dry goods/meats and things, but produce and milk once a week?

    ReplyDelete
  3. nevermind! I should have read the previous post first!! haha.

    ReplyDelete