WELCOME!

WELCOME TO MY BLOG!
For a while now, I have been posting my montly menus on Facebook. Well, I decided to create a blog so that more people will have the opportunity to check in and hopefully be inspired. As for the name of the blog, Sherri's Sanity, that is what montly menu planning is for me; my sanity. With 3 young kids, I do NOT have the patience for the clock to turn 5 and have no plan for dinner, it just adds to the craziness to the "witching hours" (those insane hours at the end of the day where we, moms, try to jam-pack 4 hours worth of stuff into 2) I HATE the hours of 5pm-8pm. BUT I have found that in my (almost) year of planning monthly menus, I have been so much less of a headcase during that time. When mom is happier, hubby and kids are happier. AND their tummies will be filled with yummy homemade food; even better!!Now, this blog will definitely take time to put together. Once again, I am a mother of 3 small kids and although I wish I could just sit down and crack it all out, that just isnt going to happen. So, check back often and I will try and keep things rolling. :) Another thing that fills my bucket, so to speak, is crafting! So I'm sure that will come along on the blog shortly too. Happy planning!!!

Monday, January 2, 2012

Swedish Meatballs

This dish is a childhood favorite of mine.  I have adapted it from my mom's recipe to make it a little easier and a little healthier. I hope you like it.

For the meatballs:
1 pkg Jenni-O ground turkey
1/3 C Instant rice (uncooked)..I have also used reg. cooked rice when instant rice wasn't on hand
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp salt
1/4 C. dry onion flakes

Mix well in a bowl. Drop by cookie scoop on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 400 for 6 min, turn, cook an additional 6 min. Makes about 20 meatballs.

For the sauce:
1 C water
2 tsp beef bouillon granules
1 tsp Worchestershire sauce
2 cans cream of mushroom soup (I use Campbells Healthy Request)
1 C. light sour cream

Mix in a microwave save bowl and nuke it for about a minute to 90 seconds and stir until smooth.

Place your browned meatballs in a casserole dish and pour sauce over top. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. OR you can even throw them in the crockpot and cook on low for several hours.

Serve over cooked egg noodles.

My family only eats half a recipe at one meal, so I split half for cooking and half for the freezer.  Just skip the baking part before freezing.



2 comments:

  1. Yum! I love your blog. I check it all the time. This is on my grocery list for next week. Thanks girly!

    ReplyDelete