WELCOME!

WELCOME TO MY BLOG!
For a while now, I have been posting my montly menus on Facebook. Well, I decided to create a blog so that more people will have the opportunity to check in and hopefully be inspired. As for the name of the blog, Sherri's Sanity, that is what montly menu planning is for me; my sanity. With 3 young kids, I do NOT have the patience for the clock to turn 5 and have no plan for dinner, it just adds to the craziness to the "witching hours" (those insane hours at the end of the day where we, moms, try to jam-pack 4 hours worth of stuff into 2) I HATE the hours of 5pm-8pm. BUT I have found that in my (almost) year of planning monthly menus, I have been so much less of a headcase during that time. When mom is happier, hubby and kids are happier. AND their tummies will be filled with yummy homemade food; even better!!Now, this blog will definitely take time to put together. Once again, I am a mother of 3 small kids and although I wish I could just sit down and crack it all out, that just isnt going to happen. So, check back often and I will try and keep things rolling. :) Another thing that fills my bucket, so to speak, is crafting! So I'm sure that will come along on the blog shortly too. Happy planning!!!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Chocolate Cake Waffles

Sorry, no pic for this post (yet) but try to imagine moist chocolate cake, from scratch, that's made in about 10 minutes! Yummmm :)

1 1/2 C all-purpose flour
1 C sugar
3 Tbs. cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
6 Tbs oil
1 Tbs white vinegar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 C cold water
2/3 C semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat your waffle iron on LOW.  Mix dry ingredients in a bowl and then make 3 wells for the vinegar, vanilla and oil.  Then, slowly pour the water over all of it and mix until thoroughly combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Spray your preheated (on low) waffle iron with cooking spray between each serving.  Pour by 3/4 cup and use the indicator, just like you would for waffles.  Turn directly onto a plate...

You can do this by turning your waffle iron (be careful not to burn yourself!) upside down and flip right onto a plate. Since these are nice and moist they will break apart if you try to use a fork!

Top with ice cream, whipped cream or even icing. Makes 4 Belgian-size cakes.

As you will notice, this is a dairy-free and eggless recipe (until you add ice cream, of course). You might even be able to sub the flour for a gluten-free type.

We love these waffles for a quick and fairly mess-free dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment