WELCOME!

WELCOME TO MY BLOG!
For a while now, I have been posting my montly menus on Facebook. Well, I decided to create a blog so that more people will have the opportunity to check in and hopefully be inspired. As for the name of the blog, Sherri's Sanity, that is what montly menu planning is for me; my sanity. With 3 young kids, I do NOT have the patience for the clock to turn 5 and have no plan for dinner, it just adds to the craziness to the "witching hours" (those insane hours at the end of the day where we, moms, try to jam-pack 4 hours worth of stuff into 2) I HATE the hours of 5pm-8pm. BUT I have found that in my (almost) year of planning monthly menus, I have been so much less of a headcase during that time. When mom is happier, hubby and kids are happier. AND their tummies will be filled with yummy homemade food; even better!!Now, this blog will definitely take time to put together. Once again, I am a mother of 3 small kids and although I wish I could just sit down and crack it all out, that just isnt going to happen. So, check back often and I will try and keep things rolling. :) Another thing that fills my bucket, so to speak, is crafting! So I'm sure that will come along on the blog shortly too. Happy planning!!!

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mid-month reprise

Here's what I came home with for about $215 for my mid-month shopping...
Dairy:
String cheese
6 yogurt
1 gal milk
2 sour cream
3 snack packs

Canned:
10 Chef Boyardee (whole wheat, of course ;))
5 diced tomatoes
6 beans
4 soups
2 pasta sauce

Produce:
broccoli
peaches
apples
grapes
bananas
red yams
3 lb strawberries

Refridgerated:
8 lunchables
2 canned biscuits

Snacks:
4 Chex Mix
2 Cheetos
4 Goldfish crackers
3 boxes other crackers
4 boxes Fruit snacks
4 boxes Granola bars

Breakfast:
5 boxes cereal

Meat:
1 large pork tenderloin (will make 6 meals!)
4 pkgs bacon
(tonight I will be picking up 20 lbs of chicken breasts from Zaycon for 1.67/lb, so this will put me a little over budget, but it will probably last 2 or 3 months)

Other:
Baby wash
Leave in Conditioner
3 boxes Fem. Prod's
Batteries
Corn starch
3 pudding mixes
Olive oil
3 salad dressings
2 boxes food storage bags
3 sets food storage containers
2 Apple juice

In total I probably only used about 15 coupons. My point? Shop the sales, pay attention and you'll be in great shape even if you don't coupon (but I do suggest couponing too ;))

No comments:

Post a Comment