WELCOME!

WELCOME TO MY BLOG!
For a while now, I have been posting my montly menus on Facebook. Well, I decided to create a blog so that more people will have the opportunity to check in and hopefully be inspired. As for the name of the blog, Sherri's Sanity, that is what montly menu planning is for me; my sanity. With 3 young kids, I do NOT have the patience for the clock to turn 5 and have no plan for dinner, it just adds to the craziness to the "witching hours" (those insane hours at the end of the day where we, moms, try to jam-pack 4 hours worth of stuff into 2) I HATE the hours of 5pm-8pm. BUT I have found that in my (almost) year of planning monthly menus, I have been so much less of a headcase during that time. When mom is happier, hubby and kids are happier. AND their tummies will be filled with yummy homemade food; even better!!Now, this blog will definitely take time to put together. Once again, I am a mother of 3 small kids and although I wish I could just sit down and crack it all out, that just isnt going to happen. So, check back often and I will try and keep things rolling. :) Another thing that fills my bucket, so to speak, is crafting! So I'm sure that will come along on the blog shortly too. Happy planning!!!

Monday, April 2, 2012

April Menu

I am in no way, shape or form ready for it to get hot :( I AM ready, however for some switch ups in the menu. Warmer weather means more grilling, more salads and sandwiches. Yum! The first recipes I am listing are new ones for me. I'll always to let you know which ones I have never tried before, all the rest and tried and true.  Good luck with your planning!!

*On a side note, we use a lot of ground turkey in our house. This is a good month, because of Easter, to buy whole turkey breasts on sale and have your butcher grind it for you :) Also, I am not making Easter dinner this year, but for Christmas I followed a recipe that involved slow cooking your ham in the crock pot with a bottle of Dr Pepper and a can of pineapple. DE.LISH. Try it!

(Newbies)
Artichoke Lasagna (I am cheating and using marinated artichoke hearts)
Honey Butter Pork Tenderloin and Snap Pea Salad
Bacon Wrapped Meat Loaf
Chinese Chicken Salad
Grilled Chicken and Sauteed Brussel Sprouts

(and the rest)
Tacos, Spanish rice, Chips and Guac
Grilled Salmon, wild rice
Chicken rolls
Pot roast
Egg Salad Sandwiches
Swedish Meatballs, green beans
Grilled Tilapia, steamed veggies
Stir Fry
Fajitas
Sweet and Salty Salad Wraps
Spaghetti, salad and garlic bread
Breakfast
Turkey Burgers and sweet potato fries
Grilled Pizzas
French Dip
Thai Coconut Curry Noodles
Sweet Pork salads
Funeral Potato Casserole

No comments:

Post a Comment